Since I didn’t have the document done in time for the presentation to be put on jump drives, I’ve decided to make it available here. The second presentation will be available shortly.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I want you to be able to create great print docs using Flare!
I had a great time, learned some pretty amazing things…and met some wonderful people:
- Nita Beck
- Thomas Bro-Rasmussen
- Per Fredricksen
- Scott DeLoach
- Jennifer White
Am I bitter that I didn’t win that Kate Spade bag? You BET I am!
What Did I Learn?
- A new way to use the TOC Editor (Thank you, Scott)
- Improved workflow for importing Word docs (That’s you, Per)
- Cool tools that I’ll be looking at for improved Search and Replace (Thomas, thanks!): TextPipe
- Online tools for importing Word tables without all the unnecessary code (Scott)
- Networking and consulting ideas from Nita
You guys are awesome! And the Hard Rock Hotel was pretty cool too – although, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how there’s no coffee maker in the rooms. I mean, seriously, I have to get dressed and go downstairs for a cup o’ Joe at 6am? Puh-lease.
Finally – the MadCap folks went all out on this conference. I was expecting your standard conference breakfast fare (bagels, muffins, etc) – noooooo, there was a hot breakfast both mornings! Who does that? OK, I’m a foodie, I notice these things.
I could go on and on – but I’d just bore you. However, I’ll say this, if you can, GO NEXT YEAR. It’s worth it – you’ll learn stuff, AND it’s a great time.